Avira Free AntiVirus 2014 gives you the following functions:
• Control Center for monitoring, administering and controlling the entire program
• Central configuration with user-friendly standard and advanced options and context-sensitive help
• Scanner (On-Demand Scan) with profile-controlled and configurable search for all known types of virus and malware
• Integration into the Windows Vista User Account Control allows you to carry out tasks requiring administrator rights
• Guard (On-Access Scan) for continuous monitoring of all file access attempts
• Integrated quarantine management to isolate and process suspicious files
• Rootkit protection for detecting hidden malware installed in your computer system (rootkits)(Only for 32-bit systems)
• Direct access to detailed information on the detected viruses and malware via the Internet
• Simple and quick updates to the program, virus definitions, and search engine through Single File Update and incremental VDF updates via a webserver on the Internet
• Integrated Scheduler to plan one-off or recurring tasks, such as updates or test runs
• Very high rates of virus and malware detection using innovative search technologies (search engines) and heuristic search processes
• Detection of all common archive types, including detection of nested archives and smart extensions
• High-performance multithreading function (simultaneous high-speed scanning of multiple files)
Operating system: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit).
What’s new in Avira Free AntiVirus 2014 18.104.22.1682 Beta:
- Avira Protection Cloud for Avira Free Antivirus. With Update 3 we are starting with the integration of Avira Protection Cloud in Avira Free Antivirus. This is going to be a step-by-step process to keep the workload of our servers monitored. With this initial beta build about 50% of all cloud requests will be performed.
- Avira Intelligent Repair System: AIRS is a refactoring and improvement of the current repair functionality in all Avira Windows products. AIRS will change the repair that it corresponds to current technology of malware and we are also able to react faster in repair and removal issues to clean up the infected users. For example with AIRS, we are able to delete random generated Registry keys from malware infection which was not possible before. Another highlight in AIRS is that we improved the option to change/ delete as well as create all security changes in the registry which are not located to the malicious infected path, but definitely made by malware.